Being overworked, overstressed and overcommitted is, unfortunately, the American way. But, that doesn’t mean it’s the best way.
A 2013 study found that women who vacation twice a year have fewer heart problems, while men who forfeited their PTO days had a 20 percent greater chance of actually dying (!!!).
Being cranky and stressed isn’t good for anyone. So, if you have one or more of the signs below, you need a vacation — ASAP.
10 Signs You’re Overworked and Need a Vacation:
1. You can’t remember the last time you left town.
2. You believe that your to-do list is out to get you.
3. You may or may not shit snooze at least three times when you’re alarm goes off in the morning.
4. You keep a pillow at your office and have gotten very creative on nap locations. Under the stairwell, janitors closet…maybe you keep a sleeping bag in your trunk and catch some zzzs in your car over lunch.
5. Your laundry pile is so high and ignored that you have had to resort to wearing your swimsuit bottoms as underwear.
6. When friends and coworkers talk about their vacations all you feel is instant jealousy.
7. Your skin needs vitamin D… badly. You’re so pale that you look like a member of that creepy family from Twilight…you know the one.
8. You don’t even grocery shop anymore. Honestly, you can’t even remember the last time you ate a meal that didn’t come out of a paper bag.
9. You don’t hang out with people for fun anymore.
10. You’re just SO tired.