When I was planning my wedding, I was so stressed all the time. There were just so many options out there and when it came to thinking about my and my fiance’s honeymoon, I wanted the minimum amount of planning possible.
This is why I loved our honeymoon at an All Inclusive — it was one less thing to worry about and it honestly helped me get through wedding planning stress. And, bonus, there were all these amazing perks we hadn’t anticipated being able to take advantage of.
So, if you’re a soon-to-be honeymooner looking for some extra perks at your resort, here’s some fun little inclusions or additions you have access to.
After all, your fiance deserves a little extra something for all their hard wedding-planning work — don’t ya think?
10 Ways To Surprise Your Fiance For Your Honeymoon:
1.Take every opportunity to celebrate!
Live it up people! It’s your honeymoon. From your complimentary bottle of champagne when you arrive to the unlimited drinks at your resort, there is always an excuse to celebrate at your resort.
2. Book a special room.
Two words: Preferred Club. Upgrades are not hard to come by especially when you have honeymoon-status. Want a whirlpool on your balcony? Or special access to private pools and beaches? This will totally enhance your honeymoon and would make for a great surprise when you arrive. Check out “7 Honeymoon Suites You’ll Fall In Love With” to see our favorite Preferred Club rooms.
4. Take a surprise excursion.
Scuba diving, off-resort snorkeling, cave diving, ziplining, catamaran rides, booze cruises, the list goes on and on. You can easily set this up with the Apple reps on resort property or beforehand with your BeachMaster – they’ll know all the inside scoop. For tips on excursion options and ideas, check out our blog “All of Your Excursion Questions Answered“.
5. Let the hotel know.
Don’t be afraid to tell anyone and everyone it’s your honeymoon. On our honeymoon, the staff was so excited for us each time we answered why we were vacationing. Remember, not every All Inclusive is created equal. Talk to your BeachMaster, but most likely just having “honeymoon status” at your resort will automatically put you in the running for a complimentary bottle of champagne, special treats throughout your stay, turndown maid service, a romantic breakfast in bed, or an intentional note on your desert plate.
6. Stay in two locations.
If you’re really wanting to go big (and not go home), ask your BeachMaster about the possibilities of a split-stay honeymoon. For our honeymoon we did 4-nights in Riviera Maya and then 3-nights in Cancun; we got to see two different locations with just a 30 minute drive in between.
Disclaimer: This option is not ideal if you’re looking for a “budget-friendly” resort choice.
7. Go dancing .
Salsa dancing anyone? While low-key nights are much needed on your honeymoon, sometimes you gotta spice things up a bit. If you’re interested in hitting the town, ask your BeachMaster about exciting nightlife in your destination’s city. Or check out your resort’s scheduled activities and see if they’re teaching salsa dancing one afternoon or hosting a dance party one night. Maybe even practice some dance moves before your honeymoon and really surprise your fiance.
Need we say more? There is nothing more romantic than a Jacuzzi whirlpool in your room, on your balcony, or both! There’s even resorts with rooms that have a rooftop jacuzzi! Your maids will sometimes decorate your tub with flower petals & a pre-made bubble bath when you return from dinner. Our resorts know how to set the stage right when it comes to spicing up the romantic vibes.
9. Romantic dinner on the beach.
This is a fun little perk at your resort that was one of the highlights of our honeymoon. When you reserve a “romantic dinner on the beach”, you get a private table sometimes enclosed with curtains with the ocean just feet away from you. The staff treats you so special with a 4-course meal served on silver platters, live music, and your own personal butler for the night.
10. Other romantic inclusions.
AMResorts offers complimentary honeymoon packages with so many fun little perks. Your BeachMaster will know all about what this entails, but here’s a few to get you excited for your honeymoon:
- Unpacking and pressing service for couple upon arrival (Zoetry)
- Fresh fruit, flowers, & sparkling wine in room upon arrival (Zoetry, Secrets, Dreams, Now, Breathless, Sunscape)
- Homemade beach bag (Zoetry)
- Romantic breakfast in bed one morning with Mimosas (Zoetry, Secrets, Dreams, Now, Breathless, Sunscape)
- Complimentary couples massage (Zoetry, Secrets, Dreams, Now, Breathless, Sunscape)
- Choice of a couples spa treatment (Zoetry, Secrets, Dreams, Breathless)
- 25-minute choice of facial or body scrub for two (Sunscape)
- Private beachfront dinner one evening (Zoetry, Secrets, Dreams, Breathless, Sunscape)
- Romantic turndown service with petit fours (Zoetry, Secrets, Dreams, Now, Breathless, Sunscape)
- Free Anniversary Nights stay a minimum of 5 nights over first anniversary date and receive 2 additional nights free or stay 4 paid nights over first anniversary date and receive 1 additional night free) (Zoetry, Secrets, Dreams, Now, Breathless)
- Private catamaran sail with beverages (Zoetry)
Who’s ready to book their honeymoon? Browse all our honeymoon experiences online for some inspiring resort options.