Let’s be real here. One of the best parts of a beach vacation is the drinks.
Something about being near the ocean makes us feel like we deserve significantly more libation consumption than usual.
Not to mention, if it’s an All Inclusive resort, the drinks seem to never stop being served.
Most of your favorite resort cocktails can be easily re-created when you return home. Re-live that tropical vacation for the rest of the year with these five delicious recipes!
6 Beach Drinks You Can Make at Home:
1. Jamaican Rum Punch:
Jamaica is best-known for its rum. Whip up this bad boy and play a little Bob Marley — you’re in for a real treat.
- 1 cup rum
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 2 1/2 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoon grenadine syrup
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- ice cubes
Combine all ingredients and serve in glass over ice.
2. Goombay Smash
This drink will surely take you right to the pink sands of the Bahamas!
- ice cubes
- 6 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Malibu rum or other coconut-flavored rum
- 2 tablespoons light rum
- 2 tablespoons gold rum
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 pineapple wedges
- 2 orange slices
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice; add pineapple juice, orange juice and all rum.
- Cover and shake until very cold.
- Fill 2 short glasses with ice.
- Strain cocktail mixture over, dividing equally.
- Garnish with pineapple wedges and orange slices.
Tequila, tequila, tequila! No other drink could be more authentic to remind you of the beaches of Mexico than a classic margarita. Just one question remains — salt, or no salt?
- 3 cups Triple Sec or other orange liqueur
- 2 cups tequila
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Kosher salt
- 9 lime wedges
- ice cubes
- In a pitcher combine Triple Sec, tequila, lime juice, and sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Chill mixture until ready to serve.
- Place salt on a small plate. Rub rims of eight glasses with one of the lime wedges. Dip rims of glasses in salt to coat.
- Place ice cubes in salt-rimmed glasses. Pour tequila mixture over ice cubes. Garnish with remaining lime wedges.
4. The Sammy Sosa
Named after the Dominican native and famous baseball player Sammy Sosa, this drink will have you dreaming of the white sand beaches of Punta Cana.
- 1 can frozen strawberry daiquiri mix
- 1 can frozen pina colada mix
- 1 bottle of rum (Brugal)
- 1 bottle of blue curacao
- Mix 1 cup of ice, 1 shot of rum, and 4 ounces of Strawberry Daiquiri mix and blend.
- Pour in glass, set aside and then rinse out blender.
- Mix 1 cup of ice, 1 shot of rum, and 4 ounces of Pina Colada mix and blend.
- Pour in glass with Strawberry Daiquiri.
- As of now you have a Miami Vice. The next step makes it a Sammy Sosa.
- Pour one shot of Blue Curacao into the Strawberry Daiquiri – Pina Colada mix Making a Red, White, and Blue strip.
- Give 3 stirs with a spoon.
5. Blue Osa Guaro Cocktail
Sugar cane alcohol, known as Guaro, is native to Costa Rica. It puts the punch in this tropical delight!
- 2 oz. Cacique Guaro
- 2 oz. star fruit juice
- 1 oz. Dragon Chile and Ginger simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1 oz. Orange and Lemongrass simple syrup (recipe below)
- 2 oz. club soda
- 2 pcs. fresh mint
- 1 medium-sized ginger root
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 chile
- 2 cups orange juice
- 5 5″ pieces lemongrass
Dragon Chile and Ginger Simple Syrup
- In a pot, combine one cup sugar and two cups water with one chile and one medium size ginger root
- Cook for 15 minutes, let sit 5 minutes, take out ginger and chile.
For Orange and Lemongrass Simple Syrup
- In a pot, combine two cups orange juice, one cup sugar and five 5” pieces of lemongrass.
- Cook 15 minutes, remove lemon grass.
- Shake well in cocktail shaker over ice.
- Serve in tall glass with star fruit slice garnish.
6. Piña Colada
- 3 oz. light Rum
- 6 oz. pineapple juice (fresh or canned)
- 2 ounces coconut cream
- 2 cups ice
- garnish: pineapple spears
- If you’re using fresh pineapples: core, chop and blend. Strain the pineapple to extract the fresh juice.
- In blender combine rum, pineapple juice, coconut cream and ice. Blend until all ingredients combined. Serve in tornado or highball glass. Add straw. Garnish with pineapple spears or triangle wedges.
Ready to take your next trip to the beach? We can help!