Whenever it comes to choosing a destination to travel to, I always get stumped. There’s so many amazing options in the Caribbean and Mexico alone with so many gorgeous resort properties. To make it a little easier to navigate where to travel this next year, let’s start with one of the most beautiful wonders of the world — waterfalls.
If you’re into the idea of taking a few hours or an entire day to escape and explore in an exotic destination, a waterfall is definitely a good idea. In case you’re still wanting to relax, excursions don’t always have to be a treacherous hike through the jungle — they can be really relaxing and perfect for any adults getaway or family vacation.
Want to know where to go chasing waterfalls? I’ve searched among the excursions we offer and these destinations definitely have some waterfalls worth seeing.
8 Best Waterfall Excursions:
1. Sensoria Land of Senses – Dive into the Costa Rican rainforest and explore the rainforest of Rincon de la Vieja in Guanacaste. The Land of Senses will immerse you deep in the heart of Central America’s rainforests with a Sensoria Costa Rica day that showcases four waterfalls, natural swimming holes, thermal pools and canyons. Your Sensoria Costa Rica excursion also includes a look at the canopy of the Rincon de la Vieja National Park from a rainforest observation platform. On a clear day, climb to the top of the platform to take in the majestic views and see as far as Lake Nicaragua. Your hike through the jungle begins and ends with a tropical drink at the main house, as well as lunch in the dining room following the walk, and fruit snacks at each waterfall.
2. Dunns River Falls & Park – This must-see waterfall hike lives in Ocho Rios along the gorgeous northern coast of Jamaica to these epic waterfalls. This natural beauty spot is located near the former fishing village of Ocho Rios, which is now a bustling resort town. Your climb of the falls begins at the foot of the falls, at a spectacular beach set against a tropical backdrop. It’s a sight to be seen just begging you to get in your swimming gear and refresh yourself in their cool waters.
This is a unique geological site, as it’s one of the few beaches in the world that has a waterfall flowing directly into it. You will get a chance to scale the falls, which is a fun, refreshing and unique way to discover this beautiful place. If the way up looks a little daunting, then you can opt to take a swim or take relaxing walk down at the beach. If you climb all the way to the top, you will get a chance to gaze upon the tropical trees and plants that roll down below. It’s certainly a sight to remember. There are also half-day and full-day excursion options. By doing a half day at Dunn’s River Falls, you get the afternoon to spend at your resort after you’re transported back.
4. Sea Safari – This safari tour has it all! Take an inspiring horseback ride through the Sierra Madre mountains, go snorkeling in a secluded cove in the south coast of Vallarta, and relax on a hidden beach with cocktails in hand as you delight in a grilled lunch. Your sea safari tour of Puerto Vallarta begins as you walk through a beautiful, remote village of less than 500 indigenous inhabitants. Then travel on horseback through the mountains of Sierra Madre, before reaching a beautiful waterfall and swimming spot. There, you can take a dip and chill out with some nice drinks.
But it’s not a Puerto Vallarta sea safari tour without snorkeling. Your guide will get you acquainted with your snorkeling equipment and will tell you what lies beneath the sea. Then, it’s time to explore some coves. You will discover rock reefs full of friendly tropical fish and interesting sea life.
After a day of activities, you can finally relax at a secluded piece of paradise. You’ll be taken to a hidden village with its own beautiful beach spot. There, you can make use of sea kayaks, hammocks, sand rugs and an open bar. Your guide will fire up the grill, so get ready for a Mexican feast on the beach.
Get away from the crowds that can be found in Puerto Vallarta with a visit to two private coves, accessible only by boat. Visit Yelapa and Majahuitas near Puerto Vallarta by catamaran to uncover beautiful backdrops and snorkeling in calm and clear bays. You will even have a chance visit to an intimate fishing village and hike to the Cola de Caballo’s secluded waterfalls cascading 82 feet over rocks into a cool, refreshing swimming hole. and visit to an intimate fishing village on your adventure.
Explore the rainforests and jungles outside Puerto Vallarta in the Sierra Madre on horseback. This full-day horseback riding adventure will take you traveling beneath a lush canopy of trees to waterfalls and natural swimming pools in which to ride and swim, as well as through a small village, far removed from the city and the throes of tourists. At the waterfalls, you will stop for a break to stretch your legs and have a chance to swim in the natural pool and enjoy the rush of the falls. When your horseback riding trip ends, you will return to the ranch and the town of Las Palmas. As you enjoy the charm of this intimate village, you will be treated to an authentic Mexican lunch. *photos from TripAdvisor*
7. Sierra Madre Waterfalls – Visit the mountain ranges of Oaxaca, where the tropical rainforests of the Sierra Madre resulted in numerous waterfalls. Discover a coffee plantation where you will be able to sample some freshly made coffee and then hike through the lush jungle to El Llano Grande waterfalls to take a dip in its invigorating waters.
8. Damajagua Waterfalls– Drawn to the island’s lush, tropical landscapes to explore the great unknown? Then visit the Damajagua Falls and its 27 waterfalls and lagoons, or 27 Charcos, on an excursion that includes lunch and round-trip transportation. These cascades pouring over rocks and greenery can be found in the Northern Corridor mountains, with cool, blue pools with a chance to swim in the natural pools created by the falls. Some of them feature natural water slides in the smooth rocks you can use to slide into the pools, while others require a jump, including one that will test your bravery with a 25-foot drop.
Not sure which destination is more up your alley? Give us a call and we’ll help you pick out the best option for you at the best price guaranteed!