Let’s be real here. One of the best parts of a beach vacation is the drinks.
Something about being near the ocean makes us feel like we deserve significantly more libation consumption than usual.
Not to mention, if it’s an All Inclusive resort, the drinks seem to never stop being served.
Most of your favorite resort cocktails can be easily re-created when you return home. Re-live that tropical vacation for the rest of the year with these five delicious recipes!
How To Re-Create 5 Classic Resort Drinks At Home:
Yield = 30 shots
- 2 cups cheap liquor (gin or vodka)
- 3 star anise (with seeds)
- 4 dried hibiscus petals
- 2 cinnamon sticks, smashed or broken
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 large grape leaf
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons chicory bark
- 4 cups red wine
- 4 cups rum
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, crush all the herbs and barks together.
- Place the bark mixture into a bottle or jar and cover with the cheap liquor.
- Let this mixture stand together for 5 days, shaking the bottle every day.
- At the end of the 5 days, discard the liquor portion of the bottle.
- (The first soaking has removed the bitterness from the mixture)
- Pour the wine, rum, and honey over the bark mixture and seal tightly.
- Let the mixture stand together for at least 5 days, shaking the bottle every day to distribute the flavor.
2. Coco Loco
Yield= 4 servings
- Ice cubes as needed
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut water
- Juice of 3 limes
- Lime slices to serve
- Place all the ingredients, except the ice and lime slices, in a blender, and blend for a few seconds, or until smooth.
- Pour into a glass or a fresh coconut.
- Garnish with a lime slice and serve immediately.
3. Jamaican Smile
Yield = 2 drinks
- 2 oz. Rum Cream
- 2 oz. Coconut Rum
- 1 Small Banana
- 1.5 oz. Strawberry Daiquiri mix
- 1.5 oz. Pina Colada mix
- 1 tsp. Coconut extract
- 2 cups ice
- Combine Strawberry Daiquiri mix, Pina Colada mix, Coconut Rum, coconut extract, and banana in blender on high until well combined.
- Add ice and blend until ice is crushed.
- Pour into a pretty glass, add a fruit garnish and enjoy!
4. Bahama Mama
- 1 cherry
- 1 orange slice
- Fill desired glass with ice.
- Pour rum, coconut rum, banana liquer, grenadine, orange juice, and pineapple juice into glass.
- Take shaker, cover glass and give a shake.
- Release shaker and pour mixture back into glass.
- Garnish with the cherry and orange slice.
5. Classic Margarita
- 1 cup tequila
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups ice
- Pour all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve with a salted rim and garnish with a lime wedge.