Growing up, family vacations were a staple of every summer.
Around late-June or early-July, my entire family would pile in the car and we’d head to the beach, or the mountains, or the city — somewhere. And by entire family, I mean parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, boyfriends, wives, grandparents — the whole shebang.
Honestly as dysfunctional and messy and loud as these trips were, they are some of my very favorite moments from all my childhood. Not only did we make so many memories together, but we grew incredibly close and experienced the world together.
It was priceless.
12 Things Everyone Experiences On Family Vacations:
1. You have an entire group of people ensuring you’re punctual.
2. Time flies when you’re waiting for your flight because you have built-in entertainment.
3. Hilarious inside jokes are always born.
4. Family drama is put on the back burner because everyone’s distracted by the activities.
5. Your dad will obviously do something to embarrass you and the family.
6. You’ll experience your parents letting loose at the bar, which is weird but also cool.
7. You’re mom will have bottomless snacks in her purse.
8. You’ll figure out who the family snorer is.
9. There will definitely be a few early call times.
10. You’ll have to remember how to share everything with your siblings.
11. Family secrets will be spilled.
12. You’ll come out of it feeling closer to your family than ever before.
So, ready to take your family on a much-needed vacation? We can help!