I don’t know about you, but vacations are the best part of my year (read: life).
Like, I honestly love my every day life — the routine, my friends, my job, my dogs, etc. — but, if I could go on vacation every other week, I would. Not only does it bring a sense of adventure and relaxation to my life, but it gives me the opportunity to see the people I’m traveling with in a different light.
Unfortunately though, vacations don’t come that often — insert sad face emoji. So, if you’re like me, and have been working yourself to near-death for the past however-many months, you’ll understand the struggle.
14 Things You’ll Understand If You Need a Vacation — Bad:
1. The beach stock-photo background on your co-worker’s computer is driving you crazy.
2. You’ve seriously thought about quitting your job just so you can get a couple weeks off.
3. All of the sudden, you’ve become very interesting in online shopping — for bathing suits.
If you’re a woman of any age, height, weight, size or shape, you know that finding the right bathing suit is hard — like, really hard. So this year, when embarking on your suit-search, try to keep these universally flattering bathing suit styles in mind — and (hopefully) tracking down the perfect suit won’t be that bad. Here's our "9 Most Flattering Bathing Suit Styles" (link in bio)
4. You spend a lot of your workday aimlessly scrolling through travel sites.
And, because of that, your Facebook feed has become filled with ads for vacations — which just makes things worse.
5. You recently started following a ton of travel-oriented Instagram profiles.
I haven't talked about it here but this winter has been a realllllly difficult one for a variety of business and personal reasons. As I sit in my home office continuing to try to put out fires and turn things around, I find myself wishing for the serenity of this moment on O'ahu's North Shore wearing my favorite dress by @freetomoveclothing, staring out at the ocean, which always calms me down. Life can't always be as good as it looks like it is on Instagram. And it's a problem in this space that too many people pretend it is. But sometimes, for a few fleeting moments, the ideal exists. Thanks for capturing this one, @dante.vincent ❤ #TBT
6.You keep posting “throwback” photos from your last vacation.
Just a piece of advice — stop. People don’t like seeing your three-year-old beach photos on their Instagram feed.
7. You’ve started ignoring (and even blocking) your friends who are on vacation.
Their overly-joyful pictures are making you crazy.
8. You’ve started planning a trip that is WAY over your price point.
9. Your inbox is filled with vacation ads and travel newsletters from companies you’ve never even heard of.
10. You’ve made a list of all the books you want to read on the beach.
11. Your work week is starting to feel like it’s 10 years long.
12. Every time you look at a travel blog, you instantly feel relieved.
13. So, you’ve decided to just go ahead and book a vacation.
14. Because you deserve it.