We have all had the travel bug at some point in our lives. Stepping off a plane and into a completely new place and culture is one of the best things about having a passport. BUT what if you don’t have a passport? Are you destined for only US beaches all of your days?
We are happy to report, the answer is NO! Below are some destinations and resorts you can travel to. No passport needed!
- St. Thomas is the most popular of the three US Virgin Islands. People who travel here love that it doesn’t feel completely counter cultural. The natives speak English and even use the US dollar. Tourist also come here to take advantage of the shopping! Each visitor has an allowance of $1,600, which is double that of other Caribbean islands, U.S. residents, including children, can enjoy the shopping experience without thought of duty or taxes.
You can also charter a yacht, go deep sea fishing, play a great game of golf or lay out on some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. If St.Thomas is where you want to book your next vacation, Dreams Sugar Bay is a great all inclusive spot. It is one of two All Inclusive resorts offered by Apple Vacations in St. Thomas.
2. St. John is only 3 miles away from St. Thomas but is considered the most rural and least developed of the three US Virgin Islands.2/3’s of it have remained a protected national park, Virgin Islands National Park, and it is 20 square miles. It has everything from luxurious resort to rural camping spots. Buuutt, I would suggest staying at The Westin St John, which is nestled along a white beach and has 24 hour room service…who wants to pay to sleep on the ground anyways?!
3. St. Croix is the largest of the US Virgin Islands at 40 miles. It hosts plantation ruins from the days when it was one of the greatest producers of sugar. This Caribbean island has white sand beaches and lush rain forests which set the scene for a gorgeous and relaxing vacation. Be sure you take in the historic small town charm of Christiansted and Frederiksted, drink your way through a tour of the Cruzan Rum Distillery or explore the ruins of a sugar plantation. And if you’re interest in diving you will find yourself swimming next to shipwrecks and vibrant ocean life!
If you’re heading to St. Croix staying at the Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach won’t disappoint. They have snorkeling and diving available on site as well as an 18 hole golf course adjacent to the property.
4. Puerto Rico has something for everyone. Whether seeking romance, adventure, or a fun time with friends enjoying nightlife, this destination will not disappoint! It’s also home to “El Yunque” which is one of its most accessible rain forests and home to the cotorra, Puerto Rico’s endangered green parrot, as well as 67 other types of birds. The adventuresome heart will love all Puerto Rico has to offer, zip lining, caving, hiking, optimum surfing and diving spots too. Even if you’re not into surfing but looking to dance the night away,they promise you will love how things come to life post-sunset, with cool restaurants, salsa clubs, and casinos.
Be sure to check out the Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico for a great place to rest your head at night. They even allow two children 12 and under to stay free with two traveling adults!
5. Hawaii is obviously a US state thus it doesn’t require a passport. However, a visit to the “Aloha State” can still give you a cross cultural experience. It is a lush paradise and the only US state with a tropical rain forest. They have it all here; beaches, surfing, hiking, volcanoes, marine life and a rich cultural history. You could easily make a fun filled family trip or a romantic getaway for two to this island state.
If going to Hawaii gets you excited, then be sure to check out The Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort. Children 17 and under stay for free and they have 18 restaurants and countless shops and boutiques. Give one of our friendly beachmasters a call to get your Hawaii trip in the books!
These 5 destinations are all great options if you are needing a getaway and have no passport. They have amazing food, culture, adventure opportunities, nightlife, beaches and great hotels! However I would strongly suggest that after your amazing vacation to one of these 5 places you look into getting your passport ordered. It’s a big world out there and there is a lot to see!
800-683-4977 | www.MrBeaches.com